Section leader: Dr. B.C. Stoel
This section is primary engaged in image processing for applications in Pulmonology, Musculoskeletal Imaging and Ophthalmology (PMO) in close collaboration
with the corresponding clinical departments at the LUMC, including Orthopaedics and Rheumatology.
The pulmonary applications are focused on the quantification of lung diseases, such as pulmonary emphysema and interstitial lung disease, using CT densitometry and automatic detection and assessment of bronchial and vascular structures.
The orthopaedic applications involve projects, in which the micro-motion and wear of endoprostheses are measured. Together with Rheumatology, our research is focused on quantifying cartilage in hand osteoarthritis and early rheumatoid arthritis in hand MRI.
In collaboration with the department of Ophthalmology and the C.J. Gorter Center, MRI scans of the eye are processed to detect and quantify eye anatomy and pathology.
- Detection and Quantification of the Pulmonary Vascular Tree
- APPEAR: Quantification of Local Emphysema Progression
- Evaluation of intra-operative CT and Navigation in Orthopaedic Oncology Surgery
- Model-based Roentgen Stereophotogrammetric Analysis of Orthopaedic Implants
- Model-based Shape Matching of Orthopaedic Implants in RSA and Fluoroscopy
- Wear Measurements in Total Knee Arthroplasty (with Orthopaedic dept.)
- ESMIRA: Atlas-based Image Analysis of Inflammatory Markers on Extremity MRI for Early Identification of Rheumatoid Arthritis (STW-HTSM)
- Automated Retinal Topographic Analysis with Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Investigation Towards Quantitative Measures from CT-images in Lung Diseases
- Demonstration of the Performance of a New Analytical Software Package Developed for Detection of Progress of Emphysema by CT (SPREAD)
- Software Development for the Detection and Assessment of Small Airways Disease in COPD With Multi Slice Computed Tomography
- Pollen Recognition in Microscopic Images
- Pollen Detection from Microscopic Images
- Labeling the Pulmonary Arterial Tree
- Improvement and Standardization of the Acquisition and Analysis of Angiographic Radiographs of Stenotic Renal Arteries
- Evaluation of Radiotherapy by Automatic Image Registration
- Measurement of Joint Space Width in assessing Osteoarthritis from Radiographs
- Detection and quantification of early ischemic changes
- Absolute Contrast Measurement in Digital X-ray Images
- Berend C. Stoel, PhD, section head PMO, B.C.Stoel@lumc.nl
- Evgeni Aizenberg, MSc, PhD student, E.Aizenberg@lumc.nl
- M. Els Bakker, PhD, scientific researcher, M.E.Bakker@lumc.nl
- M. Kilany M.A. Hassan, PhD, scientific programmer, M.K.M.A.Hassan@lumc.nl
- Denis Shamonin, MSc, scientific programmer, D.Shamonin@lumc.nl
- Marius Staring, PhD, section head Image registration, M.Staring@lumc.nl
- Zhiwei Zhai, MSc, PhD student, Z.Zhai@lumc.nl