LUMC Association for PhD candidates (LAP) is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of all PhD candidates of Leiden University Medical Center.
Membership & Contact
LAP membership is free and exclusively for LUMC PhD candidates and excellent/ honours students in the MD/PhD-MSc/PhD program. To sign up as LAP member and to receive our newsletter, contact us via e-mail: LAP@lumc.nl, LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Represents LUMC PhD candidates
- locally in the LUMC (e.g. Executive Board/Dean, Boerhaave committee, Graduate School committee)
- regionally and nationally (e.g. LEO/ PhDoc/ University Council/ PNN)
- Organizes a bi-annual PhD day
- Organizes academic lectures and debates on current topics in research
- Informs PhD candidates on relevant issues
- Tackles specific PhD related problems
- Creates networking possibilities for PhD candidates
- Appoints a PhD counselor (vertrouwenspersoon) who may be contacted in case of complaints, conflicts with supervisors or issues concerning scientific integrity (Jamie Chua, J.S.Chua@lumc.nl). LAP works closely together with the LUMC counselor Prof. Koning (F.Koning@lumc.nl).
Current board members
- Jamie Chua (Chair and Counselor)
- Ramzi Khalil (Secretary)
- Margien Boels (Treasurer)
- Wendy Damman
- Meta Diekstra
- Marloes Derks