Welcome to your life as a PhD candidate in the LUMC!
LUMC Association for PhD candidates (LAP) is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of all PhD candidates of Leiden University Medical Center. We are here to help you navigate this part of your career.
Membership & Contact
LAP membership is free and exclusively for LUMC PhD candidates and excellent/ honours students in the MD/PhD-MSc/PhD program. To sign up as LAP member and to receive our newsletter, contact us via e-mail: LAP@lumc.nl, LinkedIn or Facebook or check the appropriate box in PhD admission in Converis.
- Represents LUMC PhD candidates
- locally in the LUMC (e.g. Executive Board/Dean, Boerhaave committee, Graduate School committee)
- regionally and nationally (e.g. LEO/ PhDoc/ University Council/ PNN)
- Organizes a bi-annual PhD day and a Networking event
- Organizes academic lectures and debates on current topics in research
- Informs PhD candidates on relevant issues
- Tackles specific PhD related problems
- Appoints a confidant (vertrouwenspersoon) who may be contacted in case of complaints, conflicts with supervisors or issues concerning scientific integrity. The LAP confidant works closely together with the LUMC counselor Prof.dr F. Koning (F.Koning@lumc.nl).
Current board members
- Chair: Annelieke Petrus
- Secretary: Carla van Alem
- Treasurer: Lisanne de Koster
- External: Lisanne de Koster
- Subcommittee lecture and events: Mathijs Bodde
- International subcommittee: Eirini Christodoulou
- YOUNG Medical Delta: Carla van Alem
- Confidant: Marloes Derks