The Division of Image Processing, in Dutch abbreviated as the LKEB (Laboratorium voor Klinische en Experimentele Beeldverwerking), is a research group within the Department of Radiology, LUMC. The director of LKEB is Prof. Boudewijn P.F. Lelieveldt PhD.
The goal of our group in a broad sense is the research, implementation and validation of innovative image processing approaches, which allow the objective and reproducible assessment of bio-medical images.
Our research constitutes method development as well as research focused on a particular medical application. We have interest in the complete range of biomedical problems, but have worked particularly on chest CT, cardiac MRI, the vasculature (coronaries, carotids, aorta, etc) imaged by IVUS, OCT or CTA, brain MRI, abdominal imaging (CT and MRI), and more recently also genetic data.
We particularly aim to impact the healthcare system by bringing our research results close to the clinic. To this end we often take an additional step, focusing on high quality implementations that can easily be used by medical doctors. Our scientific programmers therefore work through a formalized Software Development Process (SDP), often in close collaboration with industry, in particular with Medis medical imaging systems BV. This has led to a number of commercially successful products, a.o. QAngio® XA, QMass® MR and QMass® CT. License agreements exist with a number of large medical imaging vendors. The open source image registration software elastix is also maintained at LKEB.
- 9 October 2018, Yingguang Li, will defend his PhD thesis “Fusion of X-ray angiography and Optical Coherence Tomography for coronary flow simulation” at 11:15 in the Academy Building in Leiden
- 4 September 2018, Shengan Liu, will defend her PhD thesis "Optical coherence Tomography for Coronary Artery Disease: Analysis and Applications" at 16:15 in the Academy Building in Leiden.
- 11 December 2017, Yuchuan Qiao will defend his PhD thesis at 12:30 am in the Academy Building in Leiden.
- 7 November 2017, Xinpei Gao will defend her PhD thesis at 10 am in the Academy Building in Leiden.
- 6 September 2017, Shan Gao will defend her PhD thesis at 11.15 am in the Academy Building in Leiden.
- January 18, 2017: Walid Abdelmoula will defend his PhD thesis at 11:15 in the Academy building in Leiden.
For further information contact Prof. Boudewijn P.F. Lelieveldt or through the secretariate (Anna-Carien van der Plas: +31 (0) 71 52 63935).