- Biomedical Image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Photoacoustic Imaging
- Brain Stimulation Modeling
- Low-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (LIFU)
Mohamed Kilany Hassan graduated from Biomedical Engineering department in Cairo University in 2008. He worked as a Research Assistance at Nile University for two years and earned his master thesis entitled " Infarction segmentation in cardiac delayed enhancement magnetic resonance image" from the same university in 2010. He earned his PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Kyung Hee University, South Korea in 2015. His PhD thesis entitled “Quantitative finite element based analysis of photoacoustic imaging”. He worked for 2 years as software developer in the R&D center of B.M. Tech. Worldwide Co. Ltd, South Korea. He assisted to develop image processing and analysis routines for DEXA images. Since March 2017, he joined the Division of Image Processing (LKEB) as a scientific programmer, working on developing patient-specific eye model for accurate proton therapy planning for uveal melanoma.
- Mohamed Kilany Hassan, Denis Shamonin, Rahil Shahzad , Andrew Webb, Berend Stoel, and Jan-Willem Beenakker,” Automated analysis of eye tumor MR-images for an improved treatment determination”. ISMRM, 2018.
- Mohamed K. Metwally, Hee-Sok Han, Hyun Jae Jeon, Sang Beom Nam, Seung Moo Han, Tae‐Seong Kim,” Influence of skull anisotropic mechanical properties in low-intensity focused ultrasound,” Journal of Computational Acoustics, vol. 24, No. 1, 2016.
- Mohamed K. Metwally, Seung Moo Han, Tae‐Seong Kim,” The effect of tissue anisotropy on the radial and tangential components of the electric field in transcranial direct current stimulation,” Med Biol Eng Comput, ISSN 0140-0118, DOI 10.1007/s11517-015-1301-z, 2015.
- Sherif Hamdy El-Gohary, Mohamed Kilany Metwally, Seyoung Eom, Seung Hyun Jeon, Kyung Min Byun and Tae-Seong Kim,” Design Study on Photoacoustic Probe to Detect Prostate Cancer using 3D Monte Carlo Simulation and Finite Element Method,” Biomed Eng Lett, vol. 4, 2014.
- Mohamed K. Metwally, Sherif H. El-Gohary, Seung Moo Han, Kyung Min Byun, and Tae-Seong Kim,” Influence of the Anisotropic Mechanical Properties of the Breast Cancer on Photoacoustic Imaging,” CIBEC, 2014.
- Mohamed K. Metwally, Sherif H. El-Gohary, Kyung Min Byun, Seung Moo Han, SooYeol Lee, Min Hyoung Cho, GonKhang, Jinsung Cho, and Tae-Seong Kim,” Influence of Optical Fluence Distribution on Photoacoustic Imaging,” International Journal of Mathematical, Computational, Physical and Quantum Engineering, vol. 8, No. 8, pp. 1066-70, 2014.
- Mohamed K. Metwally, Hee-Sok Han, Hyun Jae Jeon, Gon Khang, and Tae-Seong Kim,” Influence of the anisotropic mechanical properties of the skull in low-intensity focused ultrasound towards neuromodulation of the brain.” Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc., pp. 4565-8, 2013.
- Mohamed K. Metwally, Young Sun Cho, Hae-Jeong Park, and Tae-Seong Kim.” Investigation of the electric field components of tDCS via anisotropically conductive gyri-specific finite element head models.” Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc., pp. 5514-7, 2012.
- Ahmad O. Algohary; Muhammad K. Metwally; Ahmed M. El-Bialy; Ahmed H. Kandil; Nael F. Osman, “A Novel Segmentation Method to Identify Left Ventricular infarction in Short-Axis Composite Strain-Encoded Magnetic Resonance Images”. SPIE Medical Imaging - Image Processing Track, Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7962, 79622E, 2011.
- Mohamed K. Metwally, Neamat El-Gayar, Nael F. Osman, "Improved Technique to Detect the Infarction in Delayed Enhancement Image Using K-mean Method". Image Analysis and Recognition Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6112, pp 108-119, 2010.
Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
2333 ZA Leiden
2300 RC Leiden