- Perifeer zenuwletsel
Rob Nelissen received his Medical Degree in 1985 at the Leiden University. A PhD program started in 1989; in 1995 he received a PhD degree at Leiden University (supervisors Rozing – Orthopaedics- and Brand –Biostatistics). The topic was Fundamental aspects of the clinical evaluation of total joint prostheses. In 1994 he became a consultant in Orthopaedic Surgery at Leiden University Medical Center. A total joint fellowship was done in the US in 1993 (UCLA and University of Ohio).
He became the deputy director of the residency program in 1999, deputy chairman in 2000 and in 2005 he was appointed professor in Experimental Orthopaedics (since 2008 professor in Orthopaedics). In 2006 he was appointed chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics.
In 2009 he became also adjunct professor at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada.
As of 2010 he is chairman of the department of Orthopaedics-Rehabilitation-Physiotherapy.
In January 2011 he completed the European Health and Leadership Program (EHLP) at INSEAD.
He was awarded with the Anna Foundation Prize in 1996 for developing Implant Registries
Board member of the several national and international societies i.e.
- President of the European Rheumatoid Arthritis Surgical Society (ERASS)
- (co)Founder Dutch Implant Register LROI
- Board member of the Dutch Implant Register Committee (LROI)
- President-elect of the Netherlands Orthopaedic Association
- Chairman Network Orthopaedic Registries of Europe (NORE) an EFORT committee
- Member ISAR Steering Committee
- Co-chair Medical Device Epidemiology Network (MDEpiNet) of the FDA
He is also a member of several international committees (EORS, AAOS, ORS etc.)
- Board of the Medical School and Biomedical Sciences
- Member steering committee Medical Delta (LUMC-University Leiden TUDelft – Erasmus MC)
Research:The aim of his research programme is improvement of outcome in patients with joint reconstruction for arthritis and bone tumours.
The focus is on the three main stages of outcome in patients with joint reconstruction:
1. Prevention and indication (predictors for outcome)
- Arthritic joint reconstruction
- Oncologic joint reconstruction Optimising joint reconstruction surgery (design of implants, surgical planning, and navigation)
Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
2333 ZA Leiden
Tel: (0)71 526 3606
2300 RC Leiden