Friedo Dekker is professor of Clinical Epidemiology at the Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands, with a special chair in medical education related to scientific training. He studied Medicine and obtained a PhD degree in Leiden. He worked at the department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam where he became one of the principle investigators of the Netherlands Cooperative Study on the Adequacy of Dialysis (Necosad), and became involved in ERA-EDTA Registry. Since 2000, he is working at the department of Clinical Epidemiology at Leiden University Medical center, where he has got a full professorship in 2010.
His main research is related to chronic kidney disease, with special focus on cardiovascular risk factors, outcomes research (quality of life), and research methods. His main teaching is related to scientific training and clinical epidemiology to medical s tudents, graduates, and nephrologists. He is past president of the Netherlands Epidemiological Society, and one of the editors of Nefrology, Dialysis Transplantation.
- Wassenaer AG van, Kok JH, Vijlder JJM de, Briët JM, Smit BJ, Tamminga P, Baar A van, Dekker FW, Vulsma T. Effects of thyroxine supplementation on neurologic development in infants born at less than 30 weeks gestation. N Engl J Med 1997; 336: 21-26.
- Korevaar JC, Jansen MAM, Dekker FW, Jager KJ, Boeschoten EW, Krediet RT, Bossuyt PMM, for the NECOSAD Study Group. When to initiate dialysis: effect of proposed US guidelines on survival. Lancet 2001, 358: 1046-1050.
- Hallan SI, Dahl K, Oien CM, Grootendorst DC, Aasberg A, Holmen J, Dekker FW. Screening strategies for chronic kidney disease in the general population: cohort study. Br Med J 2006; 333: 1047-1050.
- Euser AM, Finken MJJ, le Cessie S, Wit JM, Dekker FW. Reliability studies can be designed more efficiently by using variance components estimates from different sources. J Clin Epidemiol 2007; 60: 1010-1014.
- Voormolen N, Noordzij M, Grootendorst DC, Beetz I, Sijpkens YW, Manen JG van, Boeschoten EW, Huisman RM, Krediet RT, Dekker FW, and the PREPARE study group. High plasma phosphate as a risk factor for decline in renal function and mortality in predialysis patients. NDT 2007; 22: 2909-2916.
- Mutsert R de, Snijder MMB, Sman-de Beer F van der, Seidell JC, Boeschoten EW, Krediet RT, Dekker JM, Vandenbroucke JP, Dekker FW. The association between boddy mass index and mortality
Publicaties op PubMed van F.W. Dekker
Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
2333 ZA Leiden
Tel: +31 71 526 5230
2300 RC Leiden