Astrid van Hylckama Vlieg obtained her PhD in risk factors for venous thrombosis in September 2003 (Cum Laude) at the department of Clinical Epidemiology in Leiden. Since then, she obtained several personal grants to fill post-doc positions at international centers, i.e., department of Haematology, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, UK and the department of epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA. Currently, she is working as an assistant professor at the department. Astrid is working on several projects on risk factors for venous thrombosis. Her lines of research include risk factors for venous thrombosis in the elderly, predicting the risk of recurrent thrombosis, and the use of global coagulation assays. Her main focus is to unravel the genetic causes of a first and recurrent venous thrombosis which are currently largely unknown.
- Stegeman BH, de Bastos M, Rosendaal FR, van Hylckama Vlieg A, Helmerhorst FM, Stijnen T, Dekkers OM. Different combined oral contraceptives and the risk of venous thrombosis: systematic review and network meta-analysis. BMJ. 2013 Sep 12;347:f5298.
- Engbers MJ, Blom JW, Cushman M, Rosendaal FR, van Hylckama Vlieg A. The contribution of immobility risk factors to the incidence of venous thrombosis in an older population. J Thromb Haemost. 2014 Mar;12(3):290-6
- Flinterman LE, van Hylckama Vlieg A, Cannegieter SC, Rosendaal FR. Long-term survival in a large cohort of patients with venous thrombosis: incidence and predictors. PLoS Med. 2012 Jan;9(1):e1001155
- van Hylckama Vlieg A, Helmerhorst FM, Rosendaal FR. The risk of deep venous thrombosis associated with injectable depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate contraceptives or a levonorgestrel intrauterine device. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010 Nov;30(11):2297-300.
- van Hylckama Vlieg A, Helmerhorst FM, Vandenbroucke JP, Doggen CJ, Rosendaal FR. The venous thrombotic risk of oral contraceptives, effects of oestrogen dose and progestogen type: results of the MEGA case-control study. BMJ. 2009 Aug 13;339:b2921
- Flinterman LE, van Hylckama Vlieg A, Rosendaal FR, Doggen CJ. Recurrent thrombosis and survival after a first venous thrombosis of the upper extremity. Circulation. 2008 Sep 23;118(13):1366-72.
Publicaties op PubMed van A. van Hylckama Vlieg
Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
2333 ZA Leiden
Tel: +31 71 526 1562
2300 RC Leiden