Stellingen uit proefschriften3 juni 2016• NIEUWSBERICHT
De complete proefschriften zijn digitaal beschikbaar via Leiden University Repository.
Charla Chábeli Engels, 19 mei: Integrating clinicopathological and molecular data in the breast cancer patient: towards precision medicine
- No guts, no glory. (Major Gen. Frederick C. Blesse, fighter tactics book US Airforce, 1955)
- The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. (Neill deGrasse Tyson, Twitter, 2013)
Gonnie Alkemade, 19 mei: Destruction, regeneration and replacement of beta-cells and aspects of immune-intervention in type 1 diabetes
- Er is zelden iets wat ik zeg of denk of het tegenovergestelde gaat ook door mijn gedachten. (Godfried Bomans, 1913-1971)
- Canada has more square feet of awesomeness per person, than any other nation on earth. (Molson Canadian commercial, Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010)
Jennifer Downs, 31 mei: HIV and schistosomiasis : studies in Tanzania
- Scientists who are also mothers must quickly learn to be as efficient as possible - and then they wonder why they were not four times more efficient before they became mothers.
- Sometimes the simplest and most effective solutions to health care delivery problems come from those who are actually doing the health care delivery rather than those who are only studying it.
Karin Gast, 1 juni: Insulin resistance and atherosclerosis: the role of visceral fat
- Soms ontdekt men iets waar men niet naar op zoek was. (naar Sir Alexander Fleming, 1881-1955)
- Als het niet uitmaakt waar je naar toe wilt, dan maakt het ook niet uit welke weg je neemt. (naar Lewis Carroll, Alice's adventures in Wonderland)
Marit van Buuren, 1 juni: Analysis of the neo-antigen specific T cell response: and consequences for personalized immunotherapy
- The use of bioinformatics to analyze large datasets has opened up a whole new world of possibilities, and at the same time has resulted in a new array of challenges.
- Two roads diverged into a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both; long I stood and looked down one as far as I could; I took the other, because it was grassy and wanted wear; and that has made all the difference. (adapted from 'The road not taken', by Robert Frost, Mountain Interval, 1916)
Eugenio Zoni, 2 juni: Novel regulators of prostate cancer stem cells and tumor aggressiveness
- Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. (Immanuel Kant, 1724-1804)
- Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. (Edward A. Murphy, 1918-1990)