Equipment for many different applications
The Leiden Genome Technology Center has equipment for general use for many different applications. First time users need to be trained on the system by a LGTC technician. Once you have been trained by the LGTC you can use it yourself and book your time in the Yahoo calendar. We ask you not to train your colleagues yourself but to redirect them to the LGTC to be trained by LGTC staff. To manage the system it is necessary for us to keep track of all the users.
Please place an order for the use of the general equipment via the LGTC order system for which you will need a valid account. Look up and order the right product you will use. The signed order forms can be deposited in the tray in R5-22.
Scanning of microarrays and slides
- Agilent Scanner:
G2565BA microarray scanner for scanning of any brand 1 x 3 inch microarrays in Cy3 and Cy5 channel with 5 or 10 µm resolution.
- Rainin Liquidator 96:
96 multi channel manual pipetting system for 96- and 384-well plates. Volume 2-200µl.
Sample quality and quantification
- NanoDrop ND-1000:
UV-Vis Spectrophotometer to quantify µl samples of DNA and RNA.
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer (Lab-on-a-chip):
Lab-on-a-Chip system for automated electrophoresis of DNA, RNA, and protein samples.
Note: We no longer provide protein chips on a regular basis.
- Qubit 2.0 Fluorometer:
The Qubit 2.0 Fluorometer is Life Technologies second generation fluorometer. It is used for highly specific and sensitive quantification of DNA, RNA and proteins.
- Trinean DropSense96:
The Trinean DropSense96 is a multichannel spectrophotometer for quick and precise UV/VIS spectral analysis of microliter droplets of DNA/RNA, protein or small compounds.
Summary: what can you expect from us? General rules
General rules apply when making use of the LGTC general equipment:
- You have to be trained by a LGTC technician before you can use the machines yourself.
- Do not train your colleagues yourself, but redirect them to the LGTC. It’s necessary for us to keep track of the users.
- When the run has failed, the LGTC cannot be held responsible and nothing will be refunded or re-run for free unless discussed and approved by the lab-manager.
- It is your responsibility to follow the protocols described by the manufacturer. When in doubt ask the LGTC.
- You have to place an order in the LGTC order system for all consumables and reagents used. Please place the signed order form in the tray in R5-22. When we notice abuse, we will refuse you access to the machine.
- Tell us when the stock of consumables and reagents is almost empty. We cannot be held responsible when something is out of stock.
- Book your time in the corresponding Yahoo calendar. Mention your name and phone number so when anything is wrong we can reach you. Do not book more time than necessary.
- You are responsible for the data management of your experiments. It is your own responsibility to make back up copies of the data.
- All discounts, special wishes, planning, complaints, problems, etc. have to be discussed with and agreed by the lab-manager or they will not be considered valid.