Training and Eduction
During the 3-day course, participants learn how to maintain undifferentiated hiPSCs. They also learn about the basic principles of hiPSC differentiation and reprogramming. The course consists of lectures and practical work and is open to LUMC and external researchers. Course dates are announced on the websites of the LUMC hiPSC Hotel and STEMCELL Technologies. Service costs apply.
The course comprises lectures and practical sessions typically including:
- isolation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from peripheral blood
- transfection of skin fibroblasts with ReproRNA
- enzyme-free passaging of undifferentiated hiPSCs
- cryopreservation of hiPSCs and starting up cryopreserved cells
- hiPSC preparation for differentiation as embryoid bodies or monolayer