LUMC hiPSC Hotel
Our service includes isolation of somatic cells, reprogramming with state of the art vectors and basic characterisation of pluripotency. We also generate isogenic control hiPSCs using CRISPR/Cas9 technology. Furthermore, we provide validated differentiation protocols and extensively characterized control hiPSCs. Besides, we organise an annual training course. Service costs apply.
The LUMC hiPSC Hotel is part of the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW.
The LUMC hiPSC Hotel facility
Service at a glance
- Isolation and banking of primary cells; mycoplasma testing.
- Generation of hiPSCs using either integrating or non-integrating reprogramming vectors.
- Expansion of ≥3 hiPSC clones on Vitronectin XF or matrigel in mTeSR-plus medium (STEMCELL Technologies); cryopreservation at two passages around P5.
- Characterization of hiPSC clones: FACS analysis of pluripotency markers (SSEA4, OCT3/4, Nanog) in undifferentiated hiPSCs; IF staining of mesodermal, ectodermal and endodermal markers after short-term in vitro
- Cell line authentication using Short Tandem Repeat (STR) analysis (LUMC department of Human Genetics): primary cells and hiPSCs.
- Karyotyping via G-banding (LUMC dept. of Clinical Genetics) or ddPCR (StemGenomics)
- Generation of isogenic hiPSCs using CRISPR/Cas9 technology.
- Provision of extensively characterized, validated ‘control’ hiPSCs (from individuals without known genetic disease; various options concerning gender, age, reprogramming vector).
- Supply of differentiation protocols developed in house (e.g. cardiomyocytes, endothelial cells)
- Advice and support regarding hiPSC project planning, grant writing, assay development, collaborations etc.
- Training courses.