The International Office (IO) supports incoming and outgoing students and colleagues with topics concerning studying abroad, for instance by managing contacts with international students and colleagues. The IO helps students with arranging an experience abroad by providing information on possibilities to go abroad for internships, projects and courses; grants; and deadlines.
The IO assists students of Biomedical Sciences (EN and NL), Medicine, Vitality & Ageing, Pharmacy, Clinical Technology and Population Health Management in arranging an experience abroad. The IO manages relations with partners in- and outside of Europe. The LUMC is part of the LERU and Eurolife consortia and has sustainable relations with hospitals in Surinam and partners in Indonesia, Cuba, Tanzania, Japan and Brazil.
The IO contributes to the international positioning of the LUMC and continuously explores possibilities to expand her current services. The IO supports the entire faculty with the following subjects:
- Exchange- and Study Abroad programmes
- Summer schools
- International relation and contract maintenance and policy advise
- Representation within the university and external institutions domestically and abroad on internationalization related subjects
- International internships/projects
- Crisis management for students
- Consult and support for international research and education projects
You can find more information about coming to Leiden as an international student here: student website studying abroad
You can also visit https://lumcglobal.nl/education/ for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.