I have an appointment at an outpatient clinic
At a outpatient clinic, you can come in for a consultation and treatment for your illness or disorder. This may include examination, diagnosis, treatment or screening. These tend to be short visits, without formal admission or overnight stays. The outpatient clinics are to be found in various locations in the main building of the LUMC.
Important information in advance
Have a good look at the letter you received at home before your visit. It contains information about how to prepare for your visit. Take a look at the information in the mijnLUMC patient portal. Write down your questions and complaints ahead of time, and take these along with you.
Admission and registration
For each visit to the LUMC, you have to report to the admissions booth in the main hall. To do this, you will need an identity document. Is this your first time at the LUMC? If so, then please register at the registration desk. Read more about .
Please note: The Poli-building Heelkunde, Orthopedie en Gipskamer is in the outer poli-building next to the parking garage. That is building 14 route 1000.
In order to prevent contamination by persistent bacteria, we ask a number of questions when you visit the LUMC?
- Are you (or have you been) contaminated with MRSA bacteria?
- Have you been in contact with a housemate or partner who is contaminated with MRSA bacteria?
- Have you been admitted or treated in a foreign healthcare institution during the last 2 months?
- Do you, for professional, occupational or other reasons, come into contact with living veal calves, broilers or pigs?
An appointment (consultation) can result in the following findings:
- nothing is wrong;
- you are advised to take medication;
- outpatient clinic treatment is required (a minor operation or procedure);
- treatment on an outpatient basis or a longer stay is recommended.
Following certain examinations or procedures, you will be less able to drive a vehicle. If this is the case, take somebody along to accompany you.
Should you experience acute problems following your visit, please contact the outpatient clinic.
The LUMC has many facilities, such as a restaurant, lockers and childcare. You will find wheelchairs by the main entrance and downstairs in the parking garage. Check out all facilities in the LUMC (NL).
Safe stay at the LUMC
Your safety is very important to us. Our staff works hard every day to ensure your safety, but they can’t do it alone.
- Are you visiting a outpatient clinic at the LUMC? Read our tips and help us make your stay a safer one (PDF, NL).
- Does your child have an appointment at the outpatient clinic? If so, then please check out our tips for making your child’s stay even safer (PDF, NL).