Leiden hosts the oldest university in The Netherlands (1575); the city still has the nice atmosphere of a small-scale University Town. It is centrally located nearby cities Amsterdam and The Hague, to Schiphol airport and only 10 km from the beaches of Katwijk and Noordwijk.
- Museum Naturalis. Skeleton of the famous T-REX, unique in Europe; currently T-REX is on tour.
- Museum Boerhaave. Dutch National Museum for the History of Science and Medicine.
- Hortus Botanicus Leiden. The oldest Botanical Garden in the Netherlands.
- Rijksmuseum van Oudheden. Famous for its Egyptian collection.
- Keukenhof. Largest exhibit of flower bulbs, especially tulips. Open in 2019 from 21-03 until 19-05; easy accessible from Leiden Central Station with a special direct bus.
For many more highlights please visit the tourist information center.
1 / 2
Museum Naturalis (skeleton of the famous T-REX)
2 / 2
Rijksmuseum van Oudheden (famous Egyptian collection)